Monday, June 28, 2010

A Memory of Daniel

Often times when I'm running, I think about him. It's kinda like my alone time to connect to him through memories. Most of the memories are from when we were younger and our childhood. And sometimes I think about the last few days that I was able to spend with him. Today I was thinking about how great it was to have such a caring and loving brother. I've always been a "loner" when it comes to relationships so my brother didn't have to do too much protecting coming up. I was however reminded of a story that he and his friends told me. One time Daniel and his friends were hanging out at the house and for some reason I came over to drop off a pizza to them. His friend Byron began to talk about how "cute" the pizza girl was. I don't know exactly what was said but from what I was told Daniel got pretty heated, "that's my lil sister man!" His other friends that were present truly believed that there would be a physical fight. I am currently involved in a relationship and sometimes I wonder how Daniel would handle this situation. His baby sister with a boyfriend. LOL. My boyfriend is a good guy, so I'm sure he would be fine, but that 1st meeting would have been pretty hilarious to have seen.

Donation Update: I am now at $1875 in donations! I am approximately 38% to goal. Every little bit helps so thank you to all who are supporting. Please spread the word. Even if you are unable to help monetarily, please try to donate blood or platelets at your local blood bank. These are things that Daniel needed multiple times daily throughout his treatment. It doesn't take much to do, and it's free!

1 comment: